SpaceMat 2020: Symposium on Materials for Space Exploration
The symposium will bring together highly distinguished members of academia and industry, who are shaping worldwide the research landscape on the discovery, synthesis, manufacturing and use of materials for present and future space exploration endeavours. Limited to no more than 80 to 100 participants, including about 20 invited speakers, it will provide a platform for exchange of the latest ideas and presentation of novel results in this rapidly evolving and highly inspiring field. The symposium will cover four main subject areas:
- space exploration applications,
- new materials engineering and manufacturing,
- physical chemistry of new materials,
- automated new materials discovery.
The talks will span a wide range of topics, including: materials for habitats; materials for spacecrafts; materials for space suits; regolith and dust; gravityless manufacturing; abrasion, heat and radiation damage.
The symposium will take place as a hybrid event. This means:
- all talks will be broadcasted via zoom to the registered conference participants;
- no registration fee;
- the "on-site hub" will be set up in a large meeting room at the campus of the University of Bremen;
- poster sessions will take place online, starting 23 August 2020 (registration until 9 August 2020) and include online live discussions during the conference.